1. Guiding principles for quality
- Awareness: We produce ultra-complex products for sensitive applications. The work that we carry out together secures our workplace, because it is the quality of our products and the satisfaction of our customers that “pays our salary.”
- Knowledge transfer / exchange: What we know about quality and how we achieve it is passed on to our colleagues, employees, and superiors.
- Open error culture: Not only do we talk about mistakes and problems, we also eliminate and solve them. We get to the bottom of it. We learn something new every day, which enables us to get better.
2. Guiding principles on teamwork
- Mistakes are not failures, they are an opportunity to do better.
- Our lines of communication are always open and information is given first hand.
- We preserve resources whenever possible in order to protect the environment.
- The way we communicate with each other is based upon respect, appreciation, trust, and constructive criticism.
- We do not tolerate any form of discrimination, harassment, threat, and/or oppression.